Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Pet Peeves #10 - #12

Pet Peeves #1 - #3
Pet Peeves #4 - #6
Pet Peeves #7 - #9


10. Germ detectives
It really gets on my nerves when someone gets a cold and they blame a specific person every time. "Oh that Wendy was sniffling the other day, and look what happened. Thanks a lot Wendy." Okay, I totally suck at science, and I realize if someone sneezes on you, you're more likely to get sick. But I also think there's like billions of germ swirling around our breathing space all the time and you just sometimes get sick and sometimes you don't.

11. Rewards Cards
All those stupid buy 10 Subway sandwiches and get one free. Like I don't have enough to worry about? Now I have to keep track of 30 different punch cards. And does every supermarket do a rewards thing now? I am totally suspicious. Granted, I also resisted getting miles for air travel and wife signed us up and we already have a free trip. Fine, but Fred Meyers points? What am I missing? My free macaroni and cheese? This seems totally like a plot to keep me shopping at just 1 store.

12. Tupperware
Just in general. I hate that the tops get all malformed and then won't fit on. I hate that they totally inspire keeping shit you'll never eat. And I hate trying to fit them in the drawer they never fit in.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

What I hate most about the Tupperware is the gross discolorization that happens. Ever put spaghetti in one of those things? They're pretty much useless after that. I don't want to put my leftover yogurt into a container that's stained pink from spaghetti sauce.

9:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing about the Fred's card that's so ridiculous is that the 'reward' only kicks in if you buy something like $500 worth of groceries in the span of 3 or 4 weeks. And then you get a $5 discount. All that for giving them your personal shopping information.... Who is this card good for - someone who feeds an army?

9:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, CDX.

Germophobes drive me nutso. I work with a couple. I think some have a list of who they think don't wash their hands after using the restroom...Also if anyone is sick, their response is, "well don't come near me!" I know colds are contagious, but is there any rhyme or reason to when you really catch a cold and you manage to sidestep it?

Tupperware! Ugh.

I don't do punch cards either. Always a catch.

6:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home