Thursday, November 30, 2006

Pet Peeves #1 - #3

The beginning of what could be a long list...

1. Baby's Name On Answering Machine
Look, I realize that little Charlotte or Baby Ben are now part of the household, but I don't think anyone's going to be calling them, at least until they can talk. So it's really not a surprise to me that Charlotte cannot make it to the phone right now.

2. Incorrect Push/Pull Markings
I don't know why this annoys me, but it really gets on my nerves when a door is marked "PUSH" when you can Push or Pull it to open. I think this is the case with every conveniance store in the world. Why waste the ink? Why make me stop for a moment and switch what I was going to do when it doesn't matter?

3. People Who Take Crosswalks Seriously
Crosswalks have their place, by schools, by parks... But what is up with the crosswalks across busy streets? I'm sorry, but you must have a death wish if you are crossing Powell Boulevard at night and thinking the crosswalk is going to act like an impenetrable force field to the oncoming traffic. I also hate it when they have a crosswalk right next to a bus stop, so you don't know if the people are waiting for the bus or waiting to cross the street. I'm a big fan of walkers, which is why I'd rather not run them over...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Touche! I completely agree about the answering machine. Including those that add their animals to their answering machines message. Ug.

7:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Chuckdaddy, you told me you LOVED leaving messages for Lewis and Tino. They both say, "Meow, meow, meow."

5:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home