Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Thoughts After a Dentist Appointment


1. I know I'm probably the 5 million and oneth person to notice this, but what are they thinking when they ask questions while scraping your gums? It really does put you in a strange position where you either ignore them or make them stop their work so you can answer. I've found asking long open-ended questions helps. "So, how was growing up in Medford..."

2. Are there any male dental hygenists? Or any female dentists? My dental office reminds me of a harem. Young women all hovering around the main dentist who they all seem to mildly worship.

3. Avoid the cinnamon flouride. Sounds tasty, but it burns...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dental assistants are the most evil beings the world has ever known. Day after day the inwardly celebrate with glee as your gums gush blood that they then taunt you with as they wipe the bloody instrument on your bib and make you watch it get sucked up in the disgusto-vacuum-straw. What kind of human could do that to poor innocents day after day??!? They should be rounded up and put into dental hygenist concentration camps. We've put a man on the moon, filmed individual atoms, routinely have MRI's performed, regularly perform open heart surgery, but there's no better and more advanced instrument than a sharp pick that they jab into your gums? Come on! It's a conspiracy!!!!

5:14 pm  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

I have this leftover cement on the back of my teeth from a retainer I had in 8th grade (Go Dr. Chung!) and every new dental hygenist I have gets obsessed with getting it off. And there I am, all prone and out of it trying to get them to realize that they will not succeed, "Yep, had that for 20 years..." "I really am quite comfortable with it," to finally, "Please stop."

5:31 pm  
Blogger Michael5000 said...

Not to be contrarian or anything, but my last two dentists have been women. Exceptionally hot women, I might add, which is a little disturbing. I fervently hope it is just a coincidence and nothing to do with how I feel about being strapped down while someone hurts me. Meanwhile, my hygenist is a man -- a pleasant, knowledgeable, cordial man who really seems to be working hard for my dental health. I am not against the dental hygenist concentration camps in principle, but I would like to give my particular hygenist a waiver.

M5M

10:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hygienist is a dude. Nice guy. Very pleasant. Prone to asking questions - the exact same quesions - when I can't possibly answer them.

"So, tell me about London, do you love it over there?..."

3:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home