Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Music Issue #4

Music Issue #1
Music Issue #2
Music Issue #3

Ben Kweller "Sha Sha": A
Discovered this guy kind of randomly and I keep on putting him on . Nothing groundbreaking, just solid solid good. Kind of like a post-replacements Paul Westerburg. Here's a video of a song whose chorus cracks me up. I do wonder if he's one of those artists who you suddenly stop liking, since his songs are a bit TV Theme songesque and littered with "Shas and Bops." But as of now his is my definite album du jour.

Hazmat Modine "Bahamut": B+
Like and keep listening to more and more. He's listed under world on iTunes, which might be the only classification I wouldn't put him under. Imagine Tom Waits singing blues songs with a touch of Eastern Europe. Indie Rock lovers of 80's redux though beware, it really is fairly bluesy. Here' s them performing Bahamut on a Russian TV show.

M. Ward "Post-War": A-
Hmmm. I should probably stop trying to find a classification for these albums. M. Ward... Vic Chestnut on steroids? All right, I give up. But definitely give this album a try. Very interesting. Here's a live performance of Right in the Head, although I think it sounds much better produced, so you might just want to check it out on iTunes or steal it from SoulSeek.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a ravenous appetite for new music, so I'll have to check out your recommendations. It is unfair and not always easy to classify music, but it doesn't stop me from trying. I'm better at morphing bands than I am at classifying them, Like My Morning Jacket is Neil Young meets Built to Spill.

10:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home