Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Bears Lose


So sad, although I do have to admit the better team won. Still, with that Hester return and the rain making things sloppier, they really did have a chance. But they threw it all away. Or I should say, stupid pissant schmuckface Rex Grossman threw it and bobbled it away.


I know he's easy pickings, but that doesn't make him any less toxic for this team. I really hope they go w/ someone else in the offseason. They have a good coach, defence, running backs, and receivers. Please don't be loyal to this guy. Anyway, enough with the bad. It still was enjoyable to actually care about the outcome of the superbowl for once. And coming in second is still pretty damn good.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger 5 of 9er said...

I thought both teams looked fair to ok... so it was more like the worst team lost. Booo.

8:01 am  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Second place. It hurts.

6:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about that - better luck with the Cubs this year, I'm sure they'll win the championship!

9:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In light of the recent flurry of studies and accounts of how football chews up the bodies and souls of the men who play it -- I heard a figure cited that 80% of pro football players are divorced, broke, and/or unemployed within two years of leaving the game, usually as the result of what would normaly be considered a trauma injury -- my enthusiasm for the game is wavering a little. Does the CDX have a stance on this?

10:17 pm  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

Yes, afterlife for a football player is usually pretty dismal, which I guess means the sport is fucked up. But there's something about the tragedy of it I kind of appreciate it. Like they're not actually being melodramatic when they talk about "leaving it on the field"or being "warriors." They really pretty much are.

9:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home