Wednesday, January 10, 2007

New Year's Resolutions That Stick

So I was listening to sports radio the other day and the host begins complaining about how crowded his gym is with all of these people who just made a New Year's resolution to work out. And he's claiming that this happens every year and that it annoyed him b/c he knows they're going to give it up by February. Could they just accept their slothiness and stay out of his space?

Now, I found this both funny, and probably true, but instantly started wondering how I would be different in my new attempt to work out. And here is my ingenious method. I started my work-out resolution a month early! You might think this wouldn't matter, but now I have already had my figuring it out and slacker stage, and the New year has now resolidified my efforts into a healthy routine.



So, yes maybe it's only been one week, but I think this could work. Drinking problems? Try to stop in December, fail at the holidays, and refocus yourself after the new year. It's so much worse to fail in January. Yes, I think I'm definitely on to something. Hello New Year, goodbye new found beer gut.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuckdaddy,

Want to go running this weekend?

8:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CDX is exercising? Well I never!

Do you were knee-hi striped gym socks and a head band?

9:27 am  
Blogger 5 of 9er said...

The big ass gut is crazy! When do you think was the last time he saw his feet?

11:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CDX,
Has this been brought on by trying to look good in your speedo for Mexico??

I usually don't find myself agreeing with yuckety-yuck morning drive DJ's, but the comment about the New Year's crowd at the gym is so true. Why bother???

12:27 pm  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Good luck.

That guy's gut looks PAINFULLY bloated, yet he looks happy as a clam.

3:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well thus far the exercise regime has been in my house in front of the TV. So Miguelito will not have to worry about me taking his place at the stairmaster.

I still hate gyms, so I'm going to see if I can accomplish this gym-free...

7:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a not-so-related topic, because you never (well should never say never) answer your phone or check email, you need to watch Egotrippin on VH-1. It's about the search for the next white rapper. It's fun to make fun of people and their dreams. Ghetto revival, baby!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fiaANcUr9-M

2:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home