Thursday, December 21, 2006

GROSS INFESTATION ON MY FRIDGE!!!!


Alright, I am not easily grossed out, but yesterday I discovered a little colony of these little white worm-like creatures living on my refrigerator. After some internet research, it appears these are just your everyday ordinary MAGGOTS. They are gone for now, bleached away, but some questions remain

1. What brings maggots? The weird thing about mine is I don't think they were in any food. The only edibles on the fridge were Ruffles in closed chips bags. Instead, what they appear to have been living in was the back of photographs. On closer inspection they were all over the fridge nestled in little cocoons behind photos and magnets. WHAT GIVES?

2. The internet says "maggot" is a general term for larvae, and that they eventually can turn into flies, moths... But I haven't seen any flies or moths in my house. And that's when the eggs are spread as well. How did I get so many of these without flies?

3. Aren't maggots supposed to just writhe around? These move almost like inch worms.

As you can see, I am questioning whether these are maggots or SOME NEW BIZARRE PHOTO INGESTING INCH WORM. After joining me in vomiting, I would appreciate any insight or information you may have on this subject.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuckdaddy,
I hate to be the one to bring this to your attention, but I know the source of your issue. Ever since Ehmo moved in, I've had all these flies buzzing around the place due to food being left out and things just generally untidy. No matter what I do or say, copious amounts of bug food are left out in the form of crumbs, rotting organic material in the garbage can, and cat food scattered across the floor. Thus, the source of your scourge has been located - women! Blame you-know-who....

10:34 am  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

Hah! Lady Lumps would love to hear that it is her dirtiness that has caused this. Actually, while scrubbing down the Fridge with bleach she kept on repeating, "And I'm not a dirty person. How did this happen? I swear, I'm not a dirty person..."

12:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who's supposed to be the one who cleans up after I cook?!?!

2:09 pm  
Blogger Michael5000 said...

CDX,

You should talk to Mrs. 5000 about The Time That the Cat Died in the Basement. Or maybe you shouldn't, it freaks her out. There were two discrete waves of maggots then, big ones, followed by two separate infestations of separate fly species. All very horrific. And she's not a dirty person, either.

M5M

3:41 pm  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

This is Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, in case my comment comes up anonymous for no reason. Anyway, I think maggots would be welcomed in my shit hole apartment. That might be the wake up call my roommates need to start cleaning this dump.

8:31 pm  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

Maggot-filled cats? Extremely disgusting. Wife and I went on line and found a site where people just wrote in about their maggot issue- a definite mistake to read.

And Dr Kenneth, beware of what you wish for. Beware...

11:53 am  
Blogger darci ann said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Ew. Ew. "on the refrigerator," yikes, heading to check our fridge now.

PS I totally applaud you for sharing this story and am sure that Mrs. ChuckMomma Express is not dirty. As it turns out, mother nature is just in fact - a bitch.

3:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home