Sunday, May 13, 2007

Chuck (is gonna be a) Daddy


So yes, for any readers that I don't actually know in the flesh, I guess it's time for my virtual announcement that my wife is 21 weeks. This was expected and we are very happy about it. Here are some early thoughts on pregnancy...

1. Dumb Classes
We still haven't started Lamaze or anything like that, but if it's anything like the pre-parent meeting we had, I'm keeping my expectations low. My favorite parts were the teacher explaining to the couple from somewhere Mediterranean that they couldn't eat soft cheese and when she warned the class that we shouldn't have sex after the water breaks.

2. Underwater Birth
I have always been a little bit obsessed with underwater births and have been trying to convince wife on this since day 1. I even tried to research it by going to a Water Birth Association Web Site. Unfortunately, instead of stats on shorter labors or lower pain, it was filled with weird hippy facts, like that people are 90% water anyway. Still, victory might still be mine. Wife started talking to some pregnant homies at her prenatal yoga class and might be coming around. Next goal, getting her to go for diaperless babies .

3. Advice
No one can give us too much advice while the the baby's in utero, but I have gotten one recurring message: "GO OUT TO EAT AND SEE AS MANY MOVIES AS POSSIBLE NOW." I find this kind of interesting. I mean, I love to go out and realize I'll miss this, but can I really bank this? Will seeing a glut of them now bind me over while I'm stuck inside for the first year? Wouldn't better advice be to get used to not going out and training myself to function w/o much sleep so the transition will be easier?

Anyway, October 2nd is the day. Still a lot of time to go...

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez. Just because you have a kid doesn't mean your life is over and you can never go out again..

8:03 am  
Blogger 5 of 9er said...

Congrats all around!!!

9:20 am  
Blogger Michael5000 said...

Aw, don't believe 'em, man. After the water breaks -- that shit is HOT!!!

Wait, can I say that?

I didn't say that.

I deny having said that.

11:43 am  
Blogger Kritkrat said...

My co-worker's wife is trying to do the diperless baby thing. It sounds like it's working well, but is VERY time consuming for the first three months and there are a few wicked nasty accidents. Have fun with that...

3:02 pm  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

What is this whole diaperless baby thing? That shit is whack.

Congratulations!

8:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not try to invent some type of new diaper, like one that's made out of clear aluminum? Not only would you have less poop to deal with, but you would have mad money for the baby's 529!
Has the form arrived to sign your life away for the next 18 years? I guess it doesn't offically arrive until you're finished 8 months...

12:39 pm  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Holy crap!!!! Congratulations. This is one of those moments where I'm really happy for someone, but I feel like a nerd, cause it's a blog-friend.

Oh well, fuck it. Congratulations!!!!

7:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home