Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Future Is Now






Anyone who's driven down Portland's I-5 over the last year has certainly seen the new OMSI Aeriel Tram (I guess it was causing traffic jams in its first month from gawkers). And, as I watch it looping over the highway, I can't help but think of the Jetsons. It shouldn't be long now 'till we have an entire sky transit system flying through our skies. I see this as a very good thing, but am still waiting on a few other futuristic ideas that haven't quite made it yet.

1. The Food Pill

Now, I like a good meal like anyone else, but am I the only one who gets sick of eating day after after day. That's why I will be super-psyched when someone invents a food pill that can satiate and vitaminize me. I wouldn't use it everyday, but it would certainly come in handy.


2. Robot Maid

Big Sister has been raving about her robot mop, so, fortunately, we are getting closer and closer to this being a reality. And they've even invented a robot lawnmower, although that just seems terrifying. But there are so many other cleaning aspects I wish could be done electronically. Like my dishes. When is someone going to invent some device to clean my dishes? That would be great.




3. Teleportation Device

This is the invention I will be most excited about. My commute? Gone. Camping in the South West terminal in the hopes of securing my wife an aisle seat? History. I realize the complications are immense here (not to mention the danger of fusing your genes with a Fly), but if even short distances could be accommodated through teleportation, all of our lives would be so much easier...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael5000 said...

Having a machine that washes the dishes is the number one reason for home ownership, in my book.

9:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't rub salt in the wounds of the Chuckdaddy household M5k. Ms. Daddy would relish joining the 20th century with the inclusion of a dishwasher in their boudoir, but this is a modern marvel just slightly out of reach at the moment. Now, having a machine that would actually wash your CLOTHES in your own house, that would be AMAZING!!!!

1:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this an invitation to tell you about my robot mop? i think it is! you fill it up with water and vinegar, it drives around the room in a fascinating manner and when it's done you pour out a bunch of dirty water that is BLACK showing you how hard it worked. now, is my irobot lost in the house right now because there is so much clutter I can't actually find it? perhaps. is it so clogged with dog hair that I have to use pipecleaners to get it back in shape? maybe. but when you have 2 kids and a very limited social life and you can have your friends over and drink beer and watch the kitchen floor get mopped that is progress at its best! it is the best money I ever spent. I agree with michael5000 on the dishwasher thing. scientists invented a machine to do your dishes 50 years ago, chuckdaddy.

7:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home