Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Spring Break 2007!!!


Got back late Sunday from staying in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle (right outside of Puerto Vallerta). I'm sure I wasn't too missed (considering I was with 2/7 of my commenters), but it is nice to be back. Here are some of the highlights (and 1 lowlight).


1. Bad Day One

Possible worst flying experience ever. After being seated, the whole flight was evacuated so they could fix a clogged toilet. Yes, a clogged toilet. The flight was delayed 7 hours and then it was cancelled. We were forced to drive to Seattle and get a flight for the next day. Anyone have a worse story?


2. Awesome T-Shirts

We decided to have an Obnoxious T-Shirt Contest. The only trick was that the really bad ones were so awful no one was willing to buy it. So, the winner was the agro frat party demand, "IF YOU DIDN'T COME TO PART STAY THE FUCK HOME". But, the fisherman getting a blowjob from a fish probably would've taken the title hands down, had anyone actually purchased it.


3. Drunk Bargaining

Witnessed a great bargaining session between Miguelito's hermano and a motor-boat-snorkeling guy. I won't go into all the details, but suffice it so say when we found out the next day the guy had been drunk at the time, it all made sense.


4. Snorkelling Is Fun

I guess everyone else already knew this, but not coming from a very action-adventure oriented family, I had only been snorkeling once before. Although I never felt fully comfortable with the gear, I loved the space-like floating and echoey feeling.


5. Bathtub Riacilla

Ended up randomly in a town called La Mascota. We got there by mistake (wrong turn on the way to mining town), but ended up enjoying being in a normal Mexican City virtually gringo-free (which we of course were ruining). The added bonus was when we went in search of their local type of tequilla (called Riacilla) and were sent to a local's house. There, we knocked on the door, and were served samples by an 8-year old. Eventually, he poured us a bottle right then and there. That's what I call service!


6. And then of course...

Lots of sun, relaxing, and various lageresque beers (why bother having different Mexican beers?). And now I will return to transitioning back to reality...

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger 5 of 9er said...

I love PV... glad you had a great time. At least the toilet did not overflow / clog during the flight. That would of been the worst flying story ever.

7:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention Reggaeton!

7:24 am  
Blogger Michael5000 said...

Sounds like one long, crazy, part.

Mrs. ChuckDaddy's new cornrows are awesome!

11:24 am  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

I love those t-shirts that just have a buxom bikini-clad woman's body on them so that its supposed to look like its really your body and not a t-shirt. But on guys. That's the best.

12:09 pm  
Blogger I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

i think i can top your story. my dad and step-mom got stuck on a flight coming back from Amsterdam that got re-routed to Moses Lake, WA and no one could be processed b/c there is no immigrations there so they were just stuck on the plane for 13 hours and then let off in an aiport that had no food. A couple with a baby even ran out of baby formula and some guy tried to rush the cockpit and U.S. Air Marshall's had to take him down. The passengers were on Good Morning America and The Today's Show and there is a big lawsuit happening now. I kid you not.

2:25 pm  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I'm on Spring Break right now too, and I'm loving it. I need a Girls Gone Wild type of vacation . . .

3:35 pm  
Blogger Kritkrat said...

Well, I guess I am comment #7, so you've met your quota now.

Were you flying Alaska Air? That sounds like their work...

8:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moses Lake! Damn!

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2004-12-30-amsterdam-flight_x.htm

9:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was Alaska Air...

And Carrie Bradshaw (not), that story definitely beats mine. I particulalry like the part where the guy rushes the cockpit. Travel delays can MAKE PEOPLE CRAZY.

10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home