Friday, June 29, 2007

Update On Summer Goals

After one week, I'm sure everyone is dying to know how I'm doing on my goals. Well no reason to worry b/c it's update time.

1. Cooking Staples
Being home puts me in charge of cooking, and I've gone for more traditional choices this summer than last. Thus far I've cooked Breaded Tilapia (which I'd never heard of before) w/ Sweet n' Sour Collards and Lasagna. I probably couldn't have made more mistakes w/ the Collards, (Carmelized onions? No check. Cooked Rice? No check. Cooked to tenderness? Not sure.) but it didn't matter after I poured vinegar on it. Everything tastes better w/ vinegar. The lasagna was particularly easy and I think a good choice for me. I just get to follow directions and there's major room for sloppiness. There's no me having to determine if an ingredient is salted to taste. Just layer layer layer and cook for a 1/2 hour. I see much lasagna in our future.


2. Car Registration

Yuck! The bane of my existence. I actually did take a first step here and called the DMV. But they were totally unsupportive. Instead of nurturing and helping me along w/ an area I so obviously struggle with (anything to do w/ paperwork) her response was to say, with mean surprise, "Your registration ran out in November?" And then, even worse, she informed me that b/c of this I would have to get some temporary thing filled out b4 even going to the DEQ. To me this is like charging people who's house down payments aren't enough an extra fee. We're having enough trouble here, make it easier not harder. I was so traumatized, I decided to put it off until next week...


5. Putting Together a Basketball Hoop

I actually gave this a second effort and was doing OK (step 6 out of 34) until I realized I really did need a second person (This hit me as I was trying to balance a ten foot pool while sticking a rod through its base). So today is a big day for this. Wife's mom is in town and willing to help (sucker). We tried to work on it yesterday, but were thwarted by rain. Will today bring home success?


6. Finding the Moth's Lair

I've killed more, but their lair is yet to be unearthed. I may have to take my sister's advice and just throw out any and all possibilities.
***New Goal****
8. Blogging Less and Accomplishing More Goals

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Michael5000 said...

Regarding #8: My first two blogs were both intended to keep me on track with some real-world activity, and they've actually worked pretty well for that. But, I've noticed that blog #3 is for it's own sake, and kind of cuts into the real world activity. This makes me kind of nervous.

However, I feel it's your duty to the Chuckdaddy Xpress community is to blog as much as possible, in perpetuity.

11:59 am  
Blogger Jenny! said...

I think your missing some numbers!!! Good luck with #2...I have affectionatly nicknamed the DMV the Devils Mouldy Vagina!

12:54 pm  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

Update!!! Have made it to step 20 (out of 34) on the basketball hoop. It does indeed seem this is possible.

Although side note to anyone considering buying a bball hoop for a hubby. Bring them w/ you. They might tell you that getting the deluxe model w/ retractable height rim is not necessary for ages 15+ (and which constructing has taken about 11 of the steps).

But I can smell victory. Unless the blasted rain interrupts again, I think we can do this...

3:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CDX, as a loyal fan and self proclaime "good cook," please use me as a resource when tackling the staples. While I do consider myself a self-style cook, I do come from Americana (with Polish accent) cooking stock. Bring on the tuna casserole!

I'm a little perplexed by your laziness when it comes to car reg. Didn't you get a ticket back in 1999 for not registering your car?

Lastly, in the midst of MF and I are in the horrible process of buying/selling residences we learned about free pest inspections. MF can give you more deets.

5:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emho- paperwork just makes me really nervous, I can't really explain why. All the exacting specific steps...

Also, BBALL HOOP HAS BEEN COMPLETED

Definitely the trickiest thing I've put together times 7. On step 24 the instructions just told me to take the metal bars AND BEND THEM. Okay, not sure why they weren't already... But I did, and with mama-in-law's help have a working hoop (even if it is a bit crooked, but I'm not going to focus on that).

8:51 am  
Blogger Karin said...

You don't need some temporary thing filled out for the DEQ. That's just a bunch of baloney they're trying to feed you so they can make more money off ya.

I just drove my car right in with woefully expired tags--didn't call ahead of time--and everything went along just like normal.

You can do it, CDX.

12:39 am  
Blogger Karin said...

Oh, hey, Chuck. I saw you and Mrs. Chuckdaddy at S&P's wedding tonight and got so excited about Mrs. Chuckdaddy's growing belly that I forgot to fawn and swoon in your presence as I expected to given your Rock Star Blogger status.

Please know that I meant to gush, fawn, swoon or at least make a witty inside joke regarding something on your blog thereby alienating everyone else, but making me look uber cool.

12:47 am  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

Thank you for the DMV insider tip Karin. I knew she was just trying to fuck with me!

12:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home