Tuesday, June 26, 2007

This Week on Snax!

3 Greatest Snacks Ever
In no particular order...

Cheese and Crackers
I had sort of forgotten this oldie but goodie, but it really is hard to beat. Particularly, if your cracker is a Garden Herb flavored Triscuit. I swear, if you've never tried the Garden Herb, run to your local store now, you'll never think of artificial flavors the same way again.

Chips and Salsa
Again, nothing fancy, but delicious, nevertheless. Personally, I don't think the type of chip matters so much (as long as they have ample salt), but the salsa is a key choice. And my #1 salsa is, without a doubt, Emerald Valley's Organic Salsa. Now, I'm not someone who can usually tell the difference between regular items and organic items (which is not to doubt people who do, I just don't have the most discerning of taste buds), but this salsa really stands heads and shoulder above all others I've ever tried. My #2 salsa is La Victoria, which you can get in gargantuan size.

Tim's Jalapeno Chips
In the chip category, there really are no challengers. Kettle's Beer Cheddar may come the closest, but they really still remain in different ball parks. If you desire salty spicy goodness, there's really no reason to try any other.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Kritkrat said...

I LOVE the Beer Cheddar chips! I think those win. Hands down.

10:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried the Tim's Jalapeno? I swear there is no better (and I've eaten a lot of chips in my life).

12:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best Salsa Ever - that made by my brother's Iranian neighbor in Chicago and closely imitate by Ehmo.

Worst Snack Ever - Chicken in a Biscuit. Not only does it not taste that great, but if you eat a bunch of it while stoned out of your mind very bad things will happen to your digestive innards - very bad....

12:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how you've balanced a highly educational, informative post with one evaluating snack food.

And Sayed's salsa really was the best f'ing salsa I have ever tasted!

1:43 pm  
Blogger Jenny! said...

Those are all great snacks! I love cheese and crackers or cheese and peanuts!

8:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they had a thing on chicago npr this week where a psychiatrist claimed to be able to draw conclusions about your personality based on the snacks you eat. i thought of you, chuckdddy, with your chips and salsa fetish, as chips and salsa eaters were deemed to be very reliable. anyway here is the link, i hope: http://www.wbez.org/Program_848_Segment.aspx?segmentID=11620

7:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home