Sunday, June 10, 2007

Portland Meiers Briggs' Type

So, since I am a little obsessed w/ Meiers Briggs personality typing (I'm an ENTP if you were wondering), I've always liked the idea of trying to come up w/ one specific to a city. Below is my one for Portland. I've come up with 4 categories, and for each you determine whether you are low, medium, or high in it. My hope is that this could be used to classify all Portlanders.
Outdoorsiness
High: You Heart Kayaking
Medium: You camp about once a year and like to go on the occasional hike
Low: You don't understand why anyone would like to sleep on a rock

Hipsterness
High: You take your thrift store shopping, your music taste, and your cynicism very seriously
Medium: You do see the value of dive bars and Pabst
Low: You wear J Crew

Alcoholicism
High: You get drunk twice a week
Medium: You like to drink
Low: You might have a beer with a dinner, or a couple at a social occasion, but then you (inexplicably) just stop.

Intelectuality
High: You make references to New Yorker articles during dinner conversations
Medium: You like artsy movies and know what's going on in politics
Low: Your favorite TV channel is the WB
So what do people think? Any changes? What about the 4 categories for a different city?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Kritkrat said...

There's nothing inbetween Hearting Kayaking and Camping once a year?! Can you be medium high in a catagory?

Catagories for Milwaukee:
Beer Connoisseur, Sports Fanatic, Cheese Expert, and Intellectualism on a Midwestern Scale.

7:52 am  
Blogger Michael5000 said...

I am an O-Medium, H-High, A-Medium, I-High.

Possible additional axies for Portlanders: Home/Garden Fixation, Alternative Transportation, Bookishness.

Agree with Kadondadonk that the Outdoors category scaling might need some tinkering with.

But you are definitely on to something here.

10:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ATL...let's see...

Bling/Crunkness,
Front-Porchiness,
Faulknerness,
BBQ expertise

12:33 pm  
Blogger Michael5000 said...

That's my problem with the South. I got no Faulknerness.

3:18 pm  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

I score in the medium range in the PDX Meiers Briggs.

5:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kadonkadonk- yeah, I think you're right. I guess I was probably trying to make the medium me, when I actually probably am medium-low.

But perhaps I should just toss out outdoorsiness and replace it w/ hippiness.

Craigeoke- What are you on your scale?

Any ideas on what Chicago would be?

5:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chicago-
cubs vs sox
do you measure your old style consumption in cans per day, week or year?
what neighborhood do you live in?
how do you get aroound- bus, el, bike, car?

sorry these aren't too exciting, i am trying a preemptive strike to avert the hot dog jokes.
digression...If chuckdaddy wants to really entertain the masses he should reveal how he nearly poisoned our entire family one summer by cooking hot dogs in the tea kettle and leaving one in there by accident.

6:25 pm  
Blogger Bpaul said...

Outdoors: medium (unless flyfishing can replace kayaking, then high)

Hipster: low

Alcoholism: low

Intellectualism: High... it actually happened last night eek.

2:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home