Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Blog Rating


Following in the footsteps of Jenny! and Michael5000, I decided to see what my blog was rated. And I have to admit, as I waited for it to compute, I actually felt a little worried that I'd get some pussy ass little bitch rating like "G" or the wanna be gangsta but afraid to say "fuck" "PG-13". Fortunately, I made it up to the sexually explicit, but not hardcore, "NC-17". Below, is a list of why:
poop (6x)
shit (5x)
crack (4x)
prick (3x)
sex (2x)
pissed (1x)
I am embarrassed to say, after looking over that list, that those seem a little "PG-13". "Pissed"? "Prick"? And, forgetting the rating system for a second, why did I mention "poop" 6 times? I seem to have the potty mouth of a 9-year old.
But hey, I'm not the expert. I will put my full trust into the rating system and even try to write by it. So I'll continue to swear while discussing sex, drugs, and poop, but I promise it'll always be a for a higher artistic purpose.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Jenny! said...

You did use poop an aweful lot! Hmmm, does someone have a secret obsession? I do like the use of prick!

12:05 pm  
Blogger Michael5000 said...

Dude. Cool it with the poop mouth.

I didn't admit this on Jenny!'s blog, but the Bible blog seemed to get its NC-17 rating based on such scathing words as "kill." And "smite."

Smite?

I thought this was particularly hilarious in light of a recent decision by the notoriously perverse MPAA. To wit: bathing in a pool of blood that, unbeknowst to the character, is spilling out of gaping wounds on her dead pal -- that's an R rating. Bathing in a pool of blood that, unbeknowst to the character, is spilling out of the gaping wounds on her dead pal, while the character touches her own nipple -- NOW we're talking NC-17.

I forget which movie that related to. Not the kind of film I usually watch.

2:15 pm  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

How did they even think of adding "smite" as a dirty word? Are there a lot of medieval blogs?

3:11 pm  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

That rating system is harsh. Well, looks like my nephews can't read my blog. Probably best that they don't . . .

7:21 pm  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

My blog has "boobs" and "tits" all over it (thanks to my Friday Google search feature), and all I get is a lousy "R" rating.

7:03 am  
Blogger 5 of 9er said...

Congrats! That being a teacher thing is really paying off. :)

8:06 am  
Blogger Jenny! said...

Why would the girl touch her nipple while in a pool of blood???

8:09 am  
Blogger Kritkrat said...

I got NC-17 as well for the 4 'shit' and 2 'sex' words in my blog, but it doesn't go into the archives because I did a little of my own counting and I also have said 'fuck' 3,117 times and 'bitch' 48 times, and 'cock-fucker' at least 9 times...

10:41 am  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

Cherry Ride - an "R"? Wow, your blog seems more scandalous than mine (and miles ahead of Michael's Bible Blog). This is making me second those scientifically tested blog ratings.

Or maybe the problem is the "boobs" you are referring to are Helen Mirren's. Try talking about a younger hussie and I think an "NC-17" is yours.

2:34 pm  
Blogger Michael5000 said...

Jenny!, just because YOU don't like touching your nipples when you are in pools of blood doesn't mean you need to get all judgemental about what other people do in the privacy of their own pools of blood.

But I think the idea was that she didn't realize it was a pool of her friend's blood because it was, like, night or something. I didn't watch the movie, so the subtleties escaped me.

8:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home