Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Fickle Fan

Being an obsessive NBA fan, but having neither of my teams (Bulls or Blazers) being that good (well one is above average and the other terrible) makes rooting for teams in the playoffs an odd experience. Often times, I attach myslef to a team for a reason I make up at that particular moment, and then somehow, really want them to win. So two years ago I really wanted Detroit to beat the Lakers, then last year I rooted for the Heat over Detroit because I had chosen Shaq in the Kobe feud, then this year I rooted against the Heat b/c I remembered that I really hated most everything about him.

This is a long way to say, that it's complicated, but I'll be rooting passionately for the Mavericks in the finals, but that I'll probably hate them by next year if the win it all. But the Heat really do bother me. From Shaq being possibly the least interesting player to watch play, and the refs never sure if him running through people is his foul or their foul, to Dwayne Wade who I should like b/c he's nice and from Chicago and is an honorary member of the Jane Austen Foundation, but I don't. Has anyone else noticed that Dwayne Wade is a hypocondriac? I realize a lot of the time he's injured b/c he plays like a loose cannon ball, but he's always rubbing some part of him even after he's fouled someone. And now dehydrated? Oh please. I also don't like Jason Williams who peaked as White Chocolate and now needs some new story line.

So anyway- Go Mavs!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sports alone I would have turned away, but you brought the funny.

11:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home