Saturday, May 20, 2006

2 Sports Metaphors Collide


Does it come down to veteran wiles or who wants it more?

Prognosticating these games is almost silly. Who's going to win between Dallas and San Antonio? How can you possibly predict the victor of games when it's been unclear wuth a minute left who was going to win? Detroit and Cleveland? You have to bet on Detroit, but how can you count out a Cleveland team who keeps on surprising? And neither the Clippers or Phoenix should be there, so it has been confusing who's upsetting whom. Does it go to Phoenix and their weird run and shoot small ball, or Brand's inside game combined with Cassell's big shots?

So in the end you have to like the more veteran teams with their home court for game seven. But then again those other teams do seem to just want it more...

1 Comments:

Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

Is this tacky to be the first commenter on my own blog? Who cares, these basketball blogs seem to be mostly an exercize in talking to myself anyway...

Holy fucking shit, I think the Mavs/Spurs series might have been the best series ever. Seriously, I cannot think of a better played closer series. When I think of great series' I find myself dwelling on the Bulls, but although I cared about those more, they pretty much just won a lot. I believe they only had 2 seven game series', and neither were like this.

I'm glad the Mavs won because they seemed to really want it, and the Terry suspension would have always cast doubt about had the best team won.

The Clippers series was a bummer though. The Clippers just looked like the better team. But I guess I should give up on calling the Suns fool's gold. Somehow someway, they find themselves looking overmatched in the playoffs, but making it to the conference finals for the second year straight.

Next round? Your feeble predictor foresees a bit of a let down after the last great round. I see Detroit and Dallas winning go away, but don't think I'm crazy enough to back this claim up with even the semblence of a bet because who the fuck knows anymore...

9:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home