Saturday, April 29, 2006

NBA Playoffs


So far so good. I think this is the reason I got cable, so that during the playoffs I could at any time turn the TV and some important game would be going on. Thought so far...

1. Whether or not the Lakers upset Phoenix, the Suns have some serious issues. 7 teams are averaging over 100 points per game in the playoffs and 1 of them isn't the Suns? They'll be better next year with Amare (assuming he fully recovers), but if their run-and-gun only works during the regular season, what's the point?

2. I always thought that being clutch was something you pretty much had or hadn't. Jordan- clutch. Karl Malone- not. Reggie Miller- clutch. Tim Duncan- not. But Lebron seems to be proving this theory wrong. I read an interview where he admitted that he got sick of everyone saying he wasn't clutch enough and decided to improve that area. I guess when you're that talented you can just decide on those things.

3. I think the only possible upsets are the Lakers and the Wizards. The Nets have righted their ship and the Clippers just look better than the Nuggets.

4. The Spurs are winning, but look vulnerable. I just don't see them winning it. The Pistons, on the other hand, look great.

5. Fearless Prediction: The Spurs are able to get past the Mavericks using their additional experience and smarts. But they are so worn down that whomever wins in the West's weaker quarter has a good chance at an upset. Regardless, the Pistons will dominate the winner.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was expecting a list of top geek bands...Boo on NBA.

4:28 pm  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

For a second there I was so excited that someone had actually commented on an NBA blog... Alas, it was not meant to be.

6:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home