Monday, May 08, 2006

Best Second Round Ever?

Maybe the best, and would have at least been the most interesting had the Lakers won. I mean, a hallway series, 2 evenly matched ones, and the only blow-out featuring Lebron? I can't believe I was actually rooting for the Laker for once, but alas it wasn't meant to be, and watching Kobe lose will certainly not torture me very long.

Who will win:

Detroit: No-brainer
San Antonio: Will be a great series, perhaps the best, in terms of mutual close talent, that the playoffs will offer. I want to go with Dallas and will root for them, but I think San Antonio is just a bit too smart and experienced.
NJ: Should be another close series, and I do know that they won the first game. Still I was leaning towards them. Half-a-Shaq and the imminent Wade injury will tip the balance.
LA: Phoenix is just not impressing me. I guess if they can keep the pace up like they eventually started doing against the other LA they will win this as well. But the Clips have some great inside guys who can slow the pace and Sam-I-Am-The-Fetus-Man to hit the big shots.

Also, click here if anyone wants to read a hilarious blog comparing the first-round playoff teams to 80's sitcoms. Must like basketball and have watched a lot of TV as a child (sorry Michael, 0 for 2) to appreciate.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's all a little lost on me. But thanks for the shout-out.

6:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know anything about basketball... What do you think of this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060509/us_nm/life_teachers_dc_2

12:35 pm  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

If homecourt holds, I could be 0 for four on my predictions (yahoo for me!), but is anyone else watching these freaking games? I can't think of a time where I was more into games when my main team weren't in it (Bulls then Portland). Go whoever, just keep this up.

10:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home