Friday, August 31, 2007

Pet Peeves #13 - #16

Pet Peeves #1-#12

13. iTune Updates

I feel like every other week it wants me to update to another version. I'd be happy to just ignore their advice, since iTunes 5.4 seems pretty much the same as 7.3, but then it asks me every freakin' time 'till I give in. Just in time for 7.4...



14. Having To Go Inside To Pay For Gas

This is an Oregon thing and yes, it is stupid that people have no choice but to pump gas for us. But nothing annoys me more than when stations pump my gas, but make me go inside no matter what anyway. That's way more of a bother than just pumping it myself.


15. The Extra 4 Digits of a Zip Code

I mean, is this really necessary? My letters seem to get to places just fine w/ the standard 5 number zip codes. Is my mailman going to be confused by the multiple 212 Pine Streets in area code 97214? And, if they're going to add more numbers for specificity, do they need 10,000 more possibilities?


16. Hornets in My Classroom

OK, this is not actually a pet peeve, b/c this is the 1st time it's happened to me. But it's kind of weird. Yesterday, I'm setting up my room and I notice a bunch of hornets crawling around the window. I get closer + discover they're on the inside of it. Then I look up and see there's 20 more spread across the ceiling. Kind of disconcerting... Anyway, I get to have an exterminator visit my classroom today. How exciting!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Jenny! said...

You cant pump your own gas???? Wow!!!

9:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CD,
Can you imagine how devastating it would be to this state to allow drivers to pump their own gas??? Let's leave out the riots in the street for one second, and focus on the complete and utter collapse of the local economy, not to mention the fact that we'd all have terrible diseases coming into such close proximity with GAS that we would all probably turn into a bunch of screaming zombies with no jobs b/c the economy just went to hell in a handbasket! So just be careful about what you say in this blog... We don't want a meltdown to arise just because of a few words...

12:40 pm  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

Jenny-I know, isn't it ridiculous?

Miguelito- You know, I'd never looked at it that way. It is amazing the other 49 states manage w/o our phenomenally enlightened system.

1:58 pm  
Blogger Michael5000 said...

48 states. If I remember right, you can't pump your own in New Jersey, either.

3:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, i don't know how my gas attendent would pay for his mary otherwise....have a heart people.

6:33 pm  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Not so fast with that exterminator. Maybe you can section them off into a little room within your room, and put kids into The Hornet Room as a form of punishment.

11:53 pm  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

M5K - All the more reason to show its obvious economic benefits

EMHO - What are you saying about my gas station attendent?

Gancer - Not a bad idea. I could even name it the Hornet's Nest and then threaten them by saying, "Do you want to go the Hornet's Nest? Didn't think so. Get bakc to work."

8:01 am  
Blogger Karin said...

Hey, Hey! I'm finally on your blog roll! Woo Hoo!

Kick in the Butt Karin
or
Karenspelledwithani

11:29 am  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

Those fucking iTunes updates suck it hard.

4:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home