Friday, August 24, 2007

How'd I Do on My Summer Goals

Ah, yes. It is that time when the bastard calender feels the need to turn a page and my life is forced onwards back to reality... Yes, school (planning/meetings next week) starts Monday, meaning my summer officially ends today. I thought I would check in on how I did on my summer goals.


1. Cooking Staples


I did alright finding some cooking staples. I started off well, with a big coup being my discovery of the website epicurious (not as exciting as it sounds). As long as I went to the popular section, I found fast and good recipes. Still, my cooking majorly lagged w/ grandma and uncle in town and then when my class started and things went into high gear for the approaching baby. At least I found the website though- that is going nowhere.


2. Car Registration


As you all know, I successfully reregistered my car. Who' the man? Now if I could just get my teacher's license redone before September 8th...


3. Take A Class


Successfully completed Modern Middle East History. Definitely liked it, but certainly a lot more work than when I take a teacher class.


4. An Awesome Lawn


Okay, so after all that talk about edging, I think I did it twice. Which is fine.


5. Putting Together the Basketball Hoop


Check.


6. Find Where the Moths Are Coming From


Well, the moths finally reached a tipping point where more than just 1 or 2 were flying out of the pantry. Wife and I throughout much and I cleaned + vacuumed the pantry. The moths are pretty much gone. One weird thing though, some were living even in closed jars. WTF?


7. Avoid Rush Hour


I did a very good job w/ this. No reason to mix in with all you working folks on the road. Until Monday that is...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cd - Having moved into the new abode, I now share your frustration with the moth issue. Where do they come from? What are they eating?

I've purchased moth balls and put them around the place - especially in the basement where they're most prevalent, but other than making the house smell like old people live there, it doesn't seem to be working too well. What's your secret, besides fanatical cleaning, to rid yourself of these vermin?

12:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, for us they were coming out of the food cupboards so it was pretty clear they were eating something. They seemed to like rice and flour in particular. They were also little moths, not the huge ones. So I think that is a factor in what they like to consume.

Good luck!

1:25 pm  
Blogger Michael5000 said...

'Tis a brave man who publicly revisits his summer goals...

7:49 pm  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

You get those moths!! Hey, what happened to the Pauly Shore picture?

7:38 pm  
Blogger Ed & Jeanne said...

Does Swingline make something for cooking staples? I've never actually used cooking staples of course but I hear they are good for keeping the back end of the burrito together while your eating it.

9:28 am  
Blogger Jenny! said...

Good job! At least you got the car registered!

10:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home