Thursday, July 19, 2007

Great Song Lines

Thought we could all just compile some great lines from songs. I'll place them in order based on greatness. Here are 4 of my favorites.

1. "Well, I woke up Sunday morning. With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt. And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert." Johnny Cash - Sunday Morning Coming Down

2. "I'd pour me a drink, but I'd only be sorry. 'Cause drinking doubles alone, don't make it a par-arty." Barba Mandell - Sleeping Single in a Double Be

3. "Watch out for the medallion, my diamonds are reckless. Feels like a midget is hangin from my necklace." Ludacris- Stand Up

4, "Later in the evening as you lie awake in bed. With the echo from the amplifiers ringing in your head. You smoke the days last cigarette, remembering what she said." Bob Seger - Turn The Page

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger 5 of 9er said...

For really no reason... I have always love the lyrics to TMBG's "They'll Need A Crane."

Don't call me at work again no no the boss still hates me
I'm just tired and I don't love you anymore
And there's a restaurant we should check out where
The other nightmare people like to go
I mean nice people, baby wait,
I didn't mean to say nightmare

10:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't ask for votes, but the Ludacris line stands out as the best of the four. Love it.

Hey CD, how's about resurrecting the poll for top 3 movies of all time?

12:33 pm  
Blogger Michael5000 said...

"I got a shirt it cost a dollar twenty-five
I know I'm the best-dressed man alive
I put it on and go down to the local dive
To put the icing on extraordinary ride
Can't tell me nothing 'cause that's my way
But I love the rain."
Meat Puppets

"Our mother has been absent
Ever since we founded Rome
But there's gonna be a party when the wolf gets home."
Mountain Goats

This format sorta favors verse-length lyrics; a lot of my favorite lyrics are either short phrases, or only become great if you've got the whole song to think about.

4:01 pm  
Blogger Jenny! said...

Luda is the shiznit! Nothing better than chicken n beer!

8:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seger? you are quoting bob seger? i had no idea you were a fan. i am sort of dissapointed, no offence.

7:40 pm  
Blogger Michael5000 said...

I was wondering about the Bob Seger thing too, but I decided to walk in the ways of tolerance.

12:52 pm  
Blogger blythe said...

speaking from experience, i would definitely stick to metaphorical necklaces with dangling midgets.

7:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home