Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Blue Bunny?

So I'm at Plaid Pantry the other night, going to score some of my favorite nighttime snacks (beer and ice cream). And, not only have they taken out all of the Ben + Jerry's and Haagen Daz, but they've replaced it w/ an ice cream brand called Blue Bunny.

This disturbs me on many levels. The ice cream wasn't bad, but being not bad and competing w/ Ben and Jerry's are 2 very different matters. Additionally, am I the only one creeped out by the name Blue Bunny? First off, no one wants to think of blue when eating, it's just not appetizing. Secondly, bunnies? I guess there's the Easter candy connection, but it just makes me think of fur, which again is not appetizing. Thirdly, is it just me, or does Blue Bunny sound sexually deviant. Like, "Oh I heard she gives Blue Bunnies." And I realize sex sells, but do Blue Bunnies? I don't think so.


I am even going to go out on a limb and suggest that Blue Bunny might just be the worst brand name ever. Can anyone think of anything worse? Or are you all so satiated by the Blue Bunny you got last night that you think it's a fine brand name.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger 5 of 9er said...

I miss the Plaid Pantry... memories. I remember there was a band from PDX called Plaid Pantry Project... and you could buy their CD in Plaid Pantries. Classic.

Oh, stay away from the Blue Bunny ice cream... I would.

1:06 pm  
Blogger Jenny! said...

I think Blue Bunny ice cream sucks donkey balls!

1:41 pm  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

The things you miss about a place... I actually miss White Hen from Chicago (where I spent every lunch during high school).

And thanks for the heads up about Blue Bunny's suckiness. I will avoid at all costs.

3:23 pm  
Blogger Michael5000 said...

Blue Bunny was the reigning ice cream of Kansas when I lived there. I don't recall ever trying it. I think you're right, the name is kind of repulsive. Blue Bunny gives blue bunnies.

6:38 pm  
Blogger blythe said...

beer + ice cream = heaven.

8:21 pm  
Blogger Kritkrat said...

Those commercials for sour skittles with the guy getting milked are so nasty. I know it's not a brand name, but if that's not enough to get you to stop eating them, I don't know what is.

2:44 pm  
Blogger RevRee said...

Blue bunny does sell that awesome flavored ice cream "spumoni" you should try it, really...it's tasty!...trust me...

12:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home