Sunday, July 09, 2006

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang


So just watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Curious what other people thought. I enjoyed it, but felt like there were some weird aspects to it. Like the tone felt a little jarring, skipping back and forth between film noir and slap stick. And at times we were supposed to really feel terrible for a tragedy and at other times people were killed willy nilly and we were just supposed to be into the excitement of it.

Still, I like Downey Jr. and I appreciated that they kept the mystery aspects fairly confusing throughout. The dialogue was pretty good and the plot definitely kept me intrigued. In the end I think it falls into the category of a good movie whose name is so bad you almost don't see it (others would be The Milagro Beanfield War, Quiz Show, Million Dollar Baby (actually, wished I hadn't seen that one)...) Overall though I'd give it a B+ and would recommend it to anyone who likes detective novel type mysteries.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael5000 said...

Chuck,

I vaguely remember thinking KKBB was stylish and fun, kinda derivative -- there's been a lot more of noir parody at this point than there ever was of noir -- but what the hell. I felt successfully entertained.

A few months later, I remember almost nothing of the movie. But that's OK.

I'll second that B+.

MH

9:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home