Thursday, June 29, 2006

NBA Draft: How Portland Did

Wow, 6 trades later, what do you say? The ESPN guys ripped on PDX, fans were upset, but did they do so badly?

In the end I think they did well. I think the ESPN guys were focused on the seemingly needless trade up to #2, and then couldn't really see where Portland was going. But if you look at the moves as a whole, they came out with Roy, Aldridge, Raef, and a British Grocery Bagger and lost Telfair, Ratliff, and Krhyapa (no clue how to spell it). I was worried about losing Telfair, but the move for Roy was great (sidenote: I heard that Minnesota planned to trade the pick to Houston for Foye, Portland heard this, and drafted Foye themselves. Makes up for the #2 trade). And, as much as I wanted the mustachioed diabetic, Roy looks like a better NBA player and they got more size with Aldridge. I'm also psyched to see them willing to pull the trigger so much. In the end next year's current line-up

PG: Jack and Blake
SG + SF: Webster, Roy, Outlaw, and hopefully not Miles
PF + C: Randolph, Raef, LaMarcus, and unfortunately probably not Pryzbilla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home