Friday, June 30, 2006

Crazy

Whoa! Are other people out there liking the Gnarls Barkley song Crazy as much as I am? Best new song I've heard in a long long time. The album itself I'm not as sold on, especially the first song which is kind of startling. They seem like they might be the poor man's Outkast. But there are worse things you could be and that one song...

But it got me thinking. Is it the best song ever with Crazy in the title? Here's my ranking of the first Crazy songs that came to my mind.

1. Crazy (Patsy Cline): Simple, beautiful, great lyrics, great voice. Sorry Gnarly.
2. Crazy (Gnarles Barkley): But you guys do come in (a distant) second.
3. Crazy (Seal): I've always really liked this song. When it came out and now.
4. She Drives Me Crazy (Fine Young Cannibals): Does anyone else find the Fine Young Cannibals as strange of an occurrence as I so? They remind me of retro 50's music. And why would that be popular in the late 80's? To me they are a strange blip in the music universe that never should have made it.
5. Crazy Train (Ozzy): Sorry for putting this so low, but I have never been a metal fan
6. Crazy on You (Heart): Really a horrible horrible song that sticks in your head and tortures you for whole weekends after hearing it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CDX, I think you must have way too much time on your hands. :-)

11:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot about that horrible song by Britney "We're Country" Spears, Drive me crazy.

You'll get the bill from my lawyer seeking compensation for pain and suffering soon.

12:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loving the Gnarls. I was channel surfing and caught him performing on the MTV music awards and the entire band was dressed up as Star Wars characters... this made me love it all the more. So now, when I hear it not only do I enjoy the funky-70'ish throw-back, but the visual of the storm troopers playing guitar and boba-fet on drums.

10:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home