Friday, September 01, 2006

Armenia or Bust


For my last international recipe of the summer I made Stuffed Lamb Flank (login: IWMS password: wolverines) and the end result was mixed. The lamb itself was great, but the insides...

I think the initial problem is that it's kind of difficult to get non-ground lamb. I had to get them to debone a leg at New Seasons and it ended up being a lot of thick meat. The downside was that it took about an extra hour to cook and it still wasn't quite done. The upside, was that bloody lamb is pretty bloody good.

I did have issues with the stuffing. They butterflied it, but the meat was so thick I couldn't really fit anything inside of it. It was kind of like trying to stuff between two blocks of wood, it just kind of made its own layer and then fell out. This meant that most of the rice never cooked. So the dining experience itself was a little schizophrenic. Hmmm juicey tastey lamb. Chew Chew Chew. Ouch, hard piece of rice. Hmmm. back to the...

As for the summer cooking, I really did expect to get farther than Armenia, but that's okay. My new plan is to finish off the A's (3 more to go, but shouldn't I just skip Australia?), and then pick the three top A's and get good at those this year. So if you're looking for some good Albanian, you will know where to go.

Recipes A-Z
Afghani Chicken
Albanian Baked Lamb
Algerian Malt O Meal
Angolan Fish Stew
Argentina's Matahambre

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home