Thursday, August 24, 2006

Fashion Issue #3

Faux Paux or No Paux?
So I'm back in Portland acclimating myself to the weather and I've come up with a good trick for these cold-in-the-morning-and-it-may-or-may-not-get-really-hot-in-the-afternoon days that we've been having. I wear a long sleeved button down shirt over a T-shirt with shorts. That way I am warm if it's cold and can take off the long sleeve if it gets warm. Ingenious, right?
Now I realize utility is no excuse for bucking fashion trends and wife claims this look is, "retarded". But I think she's wrong. Not only am I able to rock my nice button-downs while still feeling summery, but I get to feel both dressed up and casual at the same time. I think I'm just (again) ahead of the times. But what do you guys think? Is the long sleeve/shorts look a faux paux or a no paux?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael5000 said...

Eh, women. What do they know about clothes....

3:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're good, as long as the shorts/long-sleeve shirt complement each other - e.g. blue shirt, khaki shorts. No khaki shirt, khaki shorts. course, this opinion brought to you by the girl who wears flip-flops everyday.

8:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't take advice from someone who sported cornrows...

There's no faux pas here. I would highly recommend against tucking the shirt in and wearing boat shoes. Then you'd look like a country club reject.

7:31 am  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

Wow, I feel so vindicated. Wasn't expecting that.

10:41 am  
Blogger Karin said...

I just have to applaud you for layering. Will you be friends with my husband, please?

On the other hand, make sure your long sleeves are rolled up a bit and that you are definitely not wearing sock with your sandals.

Of course, this is an opinion brought to you by another girl who wears flip-flops everyday.

10:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home