Sunday, January 08, 2006

Best Album 2005

Here are the nominees. Pick the one that you think is the best. For some that will be the one they like to listen to the most, for others the one they think will be remembered most in 10 years, and for others it's the one that makes them sound the most cutting edge. Whatever your fancy. But, to make the voting easier, you get 2 votes for the best album and 1 negative for the nominated album you think is least deserving. Have fun and may the best man win...




Sufjan Stevens "Illinoise"






Clap Your Hands Say Yeah "Clap Your Hands Say Yeah": 1








Michael Handley "Prime"








Chemical Brothers "Push The Button": -1





White Stripes
"Get Behind Me Satan": 1



MIA "Arular"

9 Comments:

Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

Me first-

Best albums: White Stripes and Clap Your Hands

Worst: I have a feeling I would hate the Chemical Brothers

10:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm.... Can I withdraw my nomination at this juncture?

5:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best Albums:

Wolf Parade: Apologies to the Queen Mary

AND

Broken Social Scene: Self-Titled

Worst....none of the nomimees are particularly aweful. Therefore I will go with....Art Brut - grossly overhyped.

12:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I make any changes at this juncture the UN might not declare this a free and unfettered election process. Pick from the nominees and no withdrawals.

1:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've already proffered my vote. Craigeoke, I've given WP a second chance and they are growing on me, but CYHSY still rule.

And I love BSS as much as the next useless hipster, but really--best album of the year? I mean the CD does have some great moments and seeing them play "Superconnected" will go down as a top 3 concert moment, but I don't think it can compete with the other top CD this year. It's a pretty fragmented experience. I would vote for Tender Buttons over BSS S/T. It's all opinion.

10:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fine then, BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR IS.......

The National- "Alligator"

And Chuckles, for your poll....CYHSY --> Just to piss off Mike really. Mike's really into the new Japanese metal band "Boris" by the way. Too Obscuw 4 U!

12:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, you left off Sunn O))) Craig. Come on man, I thought you were hip.

8:19 pm  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

Hard to tell the winner SINCE NO ONE FOLLOWED THE RULES. But I guess I should just get over it and declare Clap Your Hands, since I think they got the most votes and they are discussed mucho on this blog. Congratulations!!!

9:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need an agent....

10:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home