Wednesday, October 03, 2007

It's a Boy!





Yes, it is true. On September 28th Elliott Arthur Chuckdaddy was brought into the world! Some observations and thoughts so far








1. Acing His Tests Already




Well, little Chuckdaddy is already off to a great start. Good weight (8 pounds 3 ounces), solid height (19 1/2 inches), passed his hearing tests, putting on enough weight... The only one he didn't so well on was his Jaundice test, where he scored low-intermediate. Ouch. But no worries, he's getting yellower by the day!








2. Breast Pumps Are Weird




Wife got to use the electric breast pump at the hospital. Tres creepy. The scene reminded me of something out of an x-rated science fiction movie.




3. Real Men Wear Slings


Yeah that's right. I've been rocking the Kangaroo pouch sling and it is the shiznits. I can walk around with him, do things around the house, pee... And he's just silently sleeps away. Oh what? You think I'm a wussy-ass hippy? Yeah, well try saying it to my face punk and I'll kick your ass (while wearing my baby)








4. All Work And No Play




Grandma is doing a great job of giving us perspective (among other things). For example, last night after eating he started freaking out and I was ready to rush him to the rocking chair for some high-powered rocking w/ my finger in his mouth. Grandma though brought up just playing w/ him? Play? What a concept. At times I worry that I'm thinking of him more like a machine- one that I am scared of breaking and one that makes funny sounds I need to fix. But I need to remember too just to sit back and, well, play with him.








But yeah, definitely a life-changing event, but a great one. It is already hard to imagine that just 1 week ago he did not exist...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can personally attest to Elliot(t?) awesomeness.

Congrats on mini Chuckdaddy. Hopefully we'll see you soon.

5:18 pm  
Blogger Karin said...

#2: Ohhh....poor Mrs. Chuckdaddy. I pitty the girl. Except, she gets to be a mom, which she really, really wanted.

SUPER MUCHO GRANDE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU TWO!

11:39 pm  
Blogger 5 of 9er said...

Congrats! And yes... breast pumps are a strange thing. Wonder if women feel like cows using them? I would. Maybe I'll try one.

7:48 am  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

EMHO - we actually had a really starnge conversation about the spelling. We hadn't even thought about it 'till we started to fill out his birth certificate and then had no opinion/no clue which. One book said Elliott was the more popular spelling, so we went w/ that to, hopefully, avoid some mispellings.

Karin - Thank you Karin!

5of9er- I wonder if lesbian parents both use the pump. That would actually make things much easier (you're supposed to do 8-10 feedings a day, and ours are taking 30-60 minutes).

2:32 pm  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Congratulations!!!!

My blog buddy is all grown up!

8:19 pm  
Blogger Kritkrat said...

Men rocking the baby bjorns are hot. Congrats!

8:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home