Thursday, February 23, 2006

Stool Pigeons

John Adams biography? When did I become such a fucking dork? Even worse, the last 2 movies I saw were documentaries...

So I'm trying to balance out my reading more by getting back into some fiction. It seems that between magazines and intenet basketball checkings I end up reading a lot, but very few books. Well, anyway, I set as my New Years resolution numero tres, READ MORE FICTION BOOKS, and it was about time to start (I've already given up with my perpetual #1 (eat more fruit)). And I started last weekend with Dashiell Hammett's "The Thin Man". Hammett is famous for "the Maltese Falcon and this is a good solid detective novel as well. Kind of a Raymand Chandler mystery that make a bit more sense but the dialogue isn't as great. Here's my favorite quote...

"She stared at him dully and said: 'I don't like crooks, and even if I did, I wouldn't like crooks that are stool pigeons, and if I liked crooks that are stool pigeons, I still wouldn't like you.'"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's okay, CDX, we love you anyway. What happened with your ticket?

5:47 pm  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

My court proceedings were today and... I wimped out. I was going to have to go in today, get a new court date (because I was pleading innocent), and then go back aain. Decided it wasn't worth it, since I'd probably have to pay anyway since I was speeding (BUT ONLY 8 MPH OVER).

6:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it helps you pin down the date, Chuckdaddy, you were already a fucking dork when I met you. That was, what, late 1999? So.

By the way, I've got the John Adams biography in a six-casette books on tape edition, if anybody wants to borrow it.

9:26 pm  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

At least I'm not alone...

5:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home