Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Chips Index


Thought I would blog before I got drunk. But, in the spirit of Superbowl 40, I would like to rank the top chips out there. Although my palette is not the most discriminating when it come to French food or wine, I know a good chip and have been know to scarf down a bag in one sitting. SO here goes, in desceding order to add suspense.

5. Dorritos:
No reason to diss on the corporate chip. Just like McDonald's makes good fries, Dorritos makes a solid chip. Firm, with a good crunch, and strong artificial flavorings.

4. Kettle Chips: Salt and Pepper
A little greasy, but hard to stop eating. Better than you would think, since salt and pepper don't seem like very intriguing for a chip. But they're good.

3. Tim's Parmesan and Garlic
Very crunchy, good flavor. Better than the Salt and Vinegar (a bit too much) and the Wasabi (I want to like, but they're bit strange).

2. Kettle Chips: Variety
Not necessary to really differentiate between New York Cheddar, Yogurt and Onion, or Dijon Mustard. They're all tasty without being overwhelming, and different moods match their plethora of different flavors. I appreciate that they keep experimenting as well and have the solid added Cheddar Beer and Thai recently.

1. Tim's Jalapeno
Best chip, hands down. Overwhelming, in the best way possible. Flavorful, spicy, addictive, and delicious. They can not be beat (like the Steeler today?)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had my first Kettle Salt and Pepper chips just today. They are quite delicious. And I agree that Doritos, bless their corporate hearts, produce a fine snack chip.

If I may make a suggestion, go to WinCo sometime and buy the avocado-flavored chips. It's a minor brand, I couldn't even tell you the brand name, but they are an appealing spring green and very tasty. Well worth the trip to beautiful Gateway.

10:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got it all wrong Chuckdaddy

1. Ponch
2. Jon

9:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home