Thursday, February 02, 2006

FUCKING PIGS!!!!!!!

Alright, so maybe I was speeding, but give me a fucking break!

Here's the story. Last night coming home late and crossing the Hawthorne Bridge, I see a cop on a bike turned sideways towards the oncoming traffic. I watch him click on his stupid little gun and look at the result. "Shit," I thought to myself. But then I looked at my speed, 41 and slowing, and looked at the road sign, 35. All's cool right? But I'm watching him through the rear view mirror and he promptly gets on his bike. Minutes later he pulls me over.

After very little discussion, he gives me a ticket for going 43 in a 30. "Oh, thought it was 35," I informed him politely, but with assertion.

"Um, no it's 30, yeah 30. You can go around the loop and check though," he replied nicely but uncertainly.

"Really? Because after I saw you I looked up and I'm almost positive the sign said 35."

"No, its 30. Yeah, 30 across the whole bridge. I mean, yeah up there it's 30, it's gotta be."

"Well would my fine be different if it wasn't?"

"Well it is 30, but if you want to doublecheck, you can go back around, take a picture and come to court."

Or, you could know what the fucking speeding limit is before you hand out tickets you limp-kneed quota filling jack ass. And after he left, I did go around the bridge and I was right. So I just got a ticket for going 8 miles over the speed limit!

But here is where I need some advice. My plan is to take the pictures, bring it in, and, at worse, get the fine lowered. But My Little Basket of Eggs is arguing that I should leave it be because (a) I'd have to miss a day of work, (b) it won't get thrown out because I was speeding, and (c) I deserve it anyway for driving transgressions past. On the other hand, I think no self-respecting cop is going to show up to a court and have to admit he didn't know the speed limit. What do others think?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to court. Stick it to the man. You'll get the ticket reduced at least and expose what a dumb ass the cop is.

I'd also recommend seeking the counsel of the wise Eric Virshob, esq.

9:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuckdaddy,
I feel yah bro.... I wanted to rip that stupid frickin' red-light camera out of the ground a few months ago. But you know what? The fine was originally, like, 300 bucks. But I went to that stupid traffic court and it was lowered by 75 bucks just for showing up and saying I was guilty. It only took about 15 minutes.

Soooooo, at least show up to pronounce your guilt and it will ease your wallet if not your anger....

10:06 pm  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

Thank you guys for the support. I'll be there to show that PIG. What do you think would happen if I did show up with legal counsil? Would they leave the fine just to spite my impudent ass?

2:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home