Monday, July 11, 2005

Caesar Salad Rankings #1

This is the first in a reoccurring series. My wife (shout out to Marsha!) and I have been searching to find the ultimate Caesar Salad, and although I have forgotten much of our data, here are some preliminary findings.

1. Blue Monk - Jazz bar on Belmont. The food was fine, but the Caesar salad there was the best we've ever had. Sharp, tasty, spicy - the holy grail thus far

2. Fusion - An electic restaurant near our house on Division where you can also buy antiques. I have to admit, I don't exactly remember what the salad was exactly like, but we both remember it was good.

3. Caesar Salad Kit - Can be bought at Fred Meyer's and put together in a jiffy. A little on the creamy side, but not bad. This is sort of the watermark ranking. All restaurants below this should feel bad (or should start buying the Salad kits).

4. Hedge House - Nice Mcmenaminsesque place on Division. They are dog-friendly (shout out to Jack!). Good for a Reuben and a beer. Not so good for a Caesar Salad. It didn't taste bad, but it didn't taste like much either.

2 Comments:

Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

No need to be a hater

1:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wrong answer. Marsha makes the best Ceaser salad! FYI. I like the shorter posts. I would read/comment more often, but work gets in the way.

12:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home