Thursday, July 07, 2005

Me and You and Everyone We Know

To appease my non-sports addicted fans, I will always try to do a non-basketball blog as well. It'll probably be about movies or music or some shit like that

This one will be short since I am amazed at how much time I just spent with my last blog. The basic message is, well, see the movie Me and You and Everyone We Know. It's one of those Short Cutsesque (best movie ever) movies where a large seemingly random collection of people interact with the world, and occasionally with each other. How it differs from Short Cuts, and other similar movies, is it was directed by a performance artist. Normally, I would find this a recipe for disaster, but instead, she has used her off-beat sensibilities to create very weird interesting scenarios that might not happen, but ring true nevertheless. There's also this whole underlying theme about people using new technologies to connect (a la blogging) which made it feel timely. (It certainly didn't hurt my opinion of the movie that the director used to live in Portland and uses Portland street names even though it's shot in LA)

The movie was not perfect, but interesting, funny, and unique. I highly recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home