Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Sopranos #2

Spoiler! Don't read unless you are up to date on the Sopranos this season.

I just wanted to see if other people were as disappointed in the second episode as I was. After the premiere I thought, how does The Sopranos continue to never dip in its awesomeness. Not so after the boring #2. Perhaps it was just the bad episode of the year or a necessary coma chill episode. But here are my reasons for concern:

1. I do not care about Tony's alternate reality life. I have a hard enough time keeping track of his mob/real family life.
2. I am not in suspense about Tony dying. As great as I thought the surprise of him being shot was, I cannot suspend my disbelief to the point of even considering him passing with a season and a half left. I am intrigued by the power struggle without him and what's going to happen to Junior, but I am not able to feel any nervousness or sadness with him in the hospital.
3. Are they going to bring in terrorism angle? Please say no. But they've been hinting at it with Christopher and the cops.

The preview for next week looked good and I think it will return to its greatness. But I am a little nervous...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daddy,
I'm with on on Ep 2. Things get really boring quite quickly as Tony is off in la-la land playing the part of a travelling salesman or some other such facsimile of a "normal" life. His family's reaction wore thin after about 10 minutes, and of course AJ is just plain annoying. "I could KILL Uncle Jr." Is that foreshadowing? Should we care? Has the show jumped the shark by shooting Tony? I'm afraid to answer that.
When does Rome start again?

1:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, what's up with the Kevin Infinity deal? So thin. And don't even get me started on AJ...He's just a hair less annoying than Tony's Mom...

If they go down the 911 path I think I will go sleep with the fishes.

7:51 pm  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

Post #3 episode...

I think it was return to form. Yes, Kevin Infinity returned for 2 scenes, and no, AJ wan't brutally murdered. But all in all, things got complicated, violent and interesting again. I am back on the Sopranos bandwagon.

11:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home